beef wellington is a popular recipe for entertaining guests. This article will explain how to make beef wellington step-by-step, and when it should be served.
Beef Wellington Recipe Ingredients:
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/4 cup dry red wine or water
* salt and pepper to taste
PREPARATION MAKE BEEF WELLINGTON:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Season filet mignon with garlic, salt and pepper, then dust with flour on both sides. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat, add beef to pan and sear for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Place a sheet of puff pastry on a floured surface, then dust with flour. Place another sheet of puff pastry on top, then brush with egg wash and place filet mignon in the center. Fold over pastry around beef to form a package, seal seams well by crimping with a fork. Do the same to the filet, place on sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: Heat oil in a medium saucepan over high heat; add onion and sauté until browned. Add mushrooms and thyme; cook until all of the liquid evaporates from the pan. Stir in beef stock and sherry; cook until reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper, then strain sauce into a clean saucepan and set aside.
- Carefully remove the beef from the oven, place on serving dish and cover with mushroom sauce (leave some of the sauce for dipping). Serve immediately while it’s hot.